We at Walkabout Clothing (“Walkabout”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to
responsible privacy practices and protecting the personal information that we
collect and handle about our customers and visitors to our website
periodically review this page so that you are updated on any changes. By
continuing to use our Website, or otherwise continuing to deal with us, you
1. What is personal information?
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Essentially, personal information is information or an
opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. What types of personal information do we collect?
We will only collect your personal information when it is reasonably
necessary for us to do so. The type of information that we may collect
• Your name, email address and phone number when you create an
account with us or submit an enquiry;
• Your name, company, address and phone number when you place an
order with us;
• Your credit card details for the purpose of processing payments. The
payment is operated through a third party provider and is not stored or
retained following once a payment has been processed; and
• Your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support
issues with our services.
experience when you navigate our Website. These cookies allow us to
understand your interests, remember your settings and increase your
security. We conduct analytics using aggregated and de-identified data to
better understand our customer’s interests and to help us tailor a better
experience in our customer’s use of the Website.
3. How do we collect your personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways. The most common
ways we collect your personal information are: directly from you when you provide it to us, our agents or contractors (for example, when you create an account or place an order with us); when you visit our Website or when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages); from publicly available sources.
4. For what purposes do we use and disclosure personal information?
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which
we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by
you). We may also use or disclose your personal information: to process your orders or returns;
• to maintain contact with you and respond to your queries or feedback;
• to improve our products or services;
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• to report actual or suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct;
• to respond to requests from law enforcement; and
• in support or defence of any legal or equitable claims, or for the purposes of an alternative dispute resolution process.
5. Who do we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with the
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types
of third parties:
• our employees, selected business partners and our associated
• our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services
to us (including website and data hosting providers, and other
• our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional
advisers and agents;
• our payment system operators;
• any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose
your personal information; and • other third parties as permitted or required by law.
If you post information to public parts of our Website or to our social media
pages, you acknowledge that such information (including your personal
information) may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use
discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
6. Does personal information leave Australia?
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our selected business partners, our associated organisations, our service providers and to other third parties, including recipients located in Aus.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We endeavour
to take all reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your
personal information. We review and update our security measures in
response to threats and changes in technologies. Unfortunately, no data
transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We ensure that our employees and third party providers understand their
responsibilities in protecting the confidentiality and integrity of personal
information held by us. However, and to the extent permissible by law, we
will not be liable for any unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal
8. Access and correction to your personal information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal
information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate,
You may request access to, or update or correct your, personal information
held by us. To make a request, please contact us in writing (see our contact
requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law
we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal
9. Links to third party websites
We may provide links and references to third party websites. These websites
operate beyond our control and we are not responsible or liable for the
content on those websites. As your access and use of third party websites is
of Use or any similarly named document located on the third party website.
We do not make any representations or endorsements about the information
that may be contained on third party websites.
10. Problems or questions If we become aware of any problems with the operation or content of our Website, we will work to address these concerns. If you wish to report a
matter to us regarding our Website, please contact us using the details set
out below. When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint. We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
11. Contact Us
You can contact us by completing our online form (available here) or by
sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 06/11/2020.